Here is a recipe for chocolate covered strawberries- something so easy yet elegant looking where you can bring to a friend’s house or prepare for guests coming to your house. You will be amazed at how easy these really are to make. And, seriously, who can resist these beautiful chocolate covered strawberries? You will be the hit of the party!
Large strawberries (1lb =~20 strawberries)
Large chocolate discs for melting – white chocolate and dark chocolate (see picture below)
2 microwave safe bowls or 2 sauce pans and 2 heat proof bowls (for double boil method)
1 small sandwich bags
1 pair of scissors
1. Wash and gently pat dry strawberries with paper towel
2. Line a cookie sheet tray with parchment paper or wax paper to lay the dipped strawberries on.
3. Melt dark chocolate first. You can use one of two methods. I used the microwave method and they turned out just fine. The better the quality of chocolates, the smoother it will melt and the easier it will be to coat your strawberries.
Using the double bowl method: Add the chocolates into a heatproof medium bowl. Then, fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once boiling, turn off the heat and set the bowl with chocolate over the water to melt. Continue to stir until smooth and there are no clumps. I’d do the dark chocolate first and then while it is cooling, heat the white chocolate.
Using the microwave method: Add chocolates to a microwave-safe bow. Set microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.
4. Next, take a dry strawberry (if it is wet, the chocolate will not stick, so make sure you dried them off completely in step 1. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the strawberry into the chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
5. Once the strawberry is coated, place it on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Once done, put the strawberries into the refrigerator to harden a little.
6. Now, melt the white chocolate using the same method you did in Step 3 for the dark chocolate.
7. While you melt the while chocolate, take the sandwich bag and flip and tuck the edges out.
8. Once the white chocolate is melted, carefully pour into the sandwich bag.
9. Now cut a tiny snip into the corner of the bag.
10. By now, the strawberries dipped in chocolate from the refrigerator should be hardened. Take out.
11. Using the sandwich bag, squeeze white chocolate in a left right motion over the chocolate strawberries to decorate!
12. Set the strawberries aside until the white chocolate cools and hardens, about 20 minutes. Then enjoy your works of art!