My grandma introduced me to this vegetable when I went to Taiwan one year… and if you were wondering, it really is the same loofah that you use to scrub your back in the shower! But it tastes delicious and is a great light vegetable to eat. So easy to make too…
2 loofah squash
quarter of a white onion, diced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Use a peeler and peel the skin.
2. Coarsely slice the loofah. Don’t slice too thin otherwise the squash will just melt when it is cooked.
3. Dice onion to add some flavor
4. Add oil, let heat up, and add onions. Cook 2-3 minutes until onion starts to yellow/brown.
5. Add the loofah squash to the pan and saute on medium high heat. When the pan has heat up again, add the chicken broth.
6. Cook the squash for ~5 minutes until broth has evaporated. Continue to stir until the squash is soft (but still a little crisp).
7. Season with salt to taste. Take off heat and plate.