Sometimes the last thing I want to do when I come home after a long day’s work is to cook so I can eat. However, I discovered this quick 30 minute recipe watching Rachel Ray’s 30 minute meals one day on TV. I could easily take frozen chicken, a few ingredients from my pantry and a few spices and have a delicious (and healthy) meal in 30 minutes! Thanks rayray! By the way, these go awesomely well with the Cilantro Yogurt Dipping Sauce. Use leftovers in a sandwich for lunch!
2 pounds chicken tenders
Salt and pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
A splash milk
2 cups honey nut flavored cereal, or honey corn flakes (recommended: Honey Nut Corn Flakes) or I use whatever corn flakes cereal I have on hand.
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning)
1/4 cup vegetable oil, eyeball it
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
3. Combine cereal, bread crumbs, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning and vegetable oil in food processor.
4. Pulse until mixed and there are no large pieces. Transfer breading to a shallow dish.
5. Place flour in a large shallow dish. Beat eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Line up the dishes with the flour, egg/milk mixture, and then breading.
6. Place a nonstick baking sheet covered in aluminum foil near chicken breading station.
7. Coat chicken in flour. In batches, take flour coated chicken and coat in eggs then in breading and place on nonstick cookie sheet.
8. When all the chicken has been coated, transfer to oven and bake 15 minutes, until evenly brown and cooked through.
9. Enjoy! This chicken may be served hot or cold. Goes great with the the Cilantro Yogurt Dipping Sauce. In this picture I used some pesto and a sriracha aioli as my dipping sauces. Good ol’ BBQ sauce or a honey dijon mustard works too!