I used to love eating ranch and thousand island dressing… until I found out what they were made from. So now I make my own 1 minute dressing from a few simple ingredients. This is a variation of the normal vinaigrette as I add mustard. Also, I never use a recipe and usually eyeball it.. just remember that the ratio of the oil to vinegar is about 3:1. Since I like the vinegar, I tend to add a little more… you can play around with the ratios depending on how much dressing you need, but I’ve added examples to the right if you need measurements.
- 3 parts EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) (Example: 3/4 cup)
- 1 part basalmic vinegar (Example: 1/4 cup)
- a little Dijon mustard (Example: 1 tbsp)
- a pinch of Kosher salt to taste
- a few twists of ground pepper (I use ground black pepper)
- squirt of lime/lemon
- a whisk
- Add the vinegar and mustard and mix with the whisk.
- Add the olive oil and whisk until the oil and vinegar are no longer separated.
- Add salt, pepper, lime/lemon.